3.06.2007

i need a makeover

its been pretty quiet over here... usually a good hint that i've either been holding back from shopping, or, havent found anything too crave-worthy lately. (psst. i've been holding back) heheh. im trying to save up to get my hair done sometime soon. and since i'm not quite sure if im going to do the cut or the color first, i'm planning to have enough for both if i end up doing everything in one day. but.. im the kind of person who doesnt deal too fantastically with hair-shock and makeovers so... im extremely nervous and frightened about doing everything at once. we'll see... time is running out.. my roots are growing in!

not sure if i'm going to try something new in terms of color, but i've been wanting to cut my hair shorter for a while now. something really modern and hopefully not soccer-mom-ish. and since victoria beckham has decided to ditch her old look for something different, i might swoop in and steal her old style. im loving the "longer in the front, shorter in the back" angular bob. although i probably wont cut my hair quite that short... i might end up looking like a q-tip!

image_03
victoria_beckham6
i love her new look too.
im ashamed to admit.. i think i've become a major fan of this lady. she's just so quirky and robotic. maybe its the robotic side of her that really appeals to me. i've always loved Gir! cutest thing EVER!

180px-Gir_sit

alright, enough of this! i'm super excited about my new straightening iron. it should be arriving in the mail any day now! i've never purchased any styling tools that couldnt be found in my neighborhood rite aid/duane reade/cvs for less than $19.99. but.. i suppose theres a reason why those are so cheap... they dont work on my hair! (not saying that i have super hair or anything.. it just.. doesnt work, i dont know why) one of my friends recommended a straightening iron she had been using by a brand called HAI. hopefully this one will work miracles.

hai_convertable _430

i find this new alexander mcqueen/samsonite line extremely intriguing... kinda freaky, but i cant stop looking at it. especially the bony rib cage wheelio. i want to touch it...

20061115bonebag

11 Comments:

Blogger Miss Tiffie said...

OOO I think you'd look hot with a long in front, shorter in back cut. I'm gonna get my hair done before I go on my Faux Spring Break in April and I duno what I'm gonna do to it. Maybe just lighten all of it since half of it is really dark now. Haha, I can't part with my long hair... ughhh

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's funny how all people dedicated to fashion and style just resist to admit V.B. is kinda cool. I think she is ... but she's also trying real hard, that's what makes her a bad example for real good style.

ah, in order to fill your blog with lots of posts, you could have divide this post into three - ah well, joke haha love your blog as it is! have you ever thought about getting a perm wave or straightening? would settle the prob with an iron at least. In Asia they have great techniques. Me myself has a perm wave and I L.O.V.E. it

7:19 AM  
Blogger Ellen SB said...

Hm, I have the same thoughts about Victoria Beckham. She often wears the RIGHT things but other times she just looks like a lollypop with bizzare boobs.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Flashy_Shades said...

i used to be ashamed of my v.b. crush too, but i've since embraced it. she's cool! she's a former pop star made good and married the hottest man on the planet. she designers her own sunglasses! what's cooler than that?

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gir is the best! He's my avatar for just about everything non-blog related.

And yes, Posh is strangely appealing. And she pulls of that short hair really, really well.

1:36 PM  
Blogger maya said...

oh I love the skinny bag!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Model Citzen said...

Hey Wendy,

I just got my first straightner too! last weekend actually. My hair is naturally straight, but it has a slight wave sometimes. The straighter is amazing at getting it bone straight.

Ps. I reccomend the John Barett salon at bergdorf. Totally expensive, but worth every penny.

12:10 AM  
Blogger mareGa said...

I want to touch the Alexander McQueen luggage too!.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

woah Victoria Beckham looks sooo much better and whole less plastic, but I too want to touch the bony rib cage-y wheel thing...

9:23 AM  
Blogger Tru said...

my friend cut her liek that but a little longer and its looked great...you should go for it...good luck

4:06 PM  
Blogger ENID P. said...

you could do either.. dont worry hair grows back...
Be bold and just do it...

ENID P.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home