2.20.2007

recovering from a long weekend

really enjoyed my much needed day off for presidents day. still recovering from my cold, i hate stuffed sinuses!
its still too early, being mid-february and all, but with spring fashions popping up all over the stores and boutiques, and this weeks highs being in the 40s (both me and model citizen are super excited!) i've been daydreaming about becoming "that well dressed girl in the coffee shop tapping away on her sleek macbook." because.. well, it'll be warm enough for me to actually want to go outside and stay outside! unfortunately, this also now marks the beginning of my search for the perfectly "chic-but-not-too-prissy" "uptown-sleek-with-downtown-edge" handbag in which to carry my baby macbook. and of course, it has got to match my wardrobe. no boring leather carry cases here please. snooze.
i've always wanted a talene reilly laptop bag. unfortunately the $400 price tag has inspired me to search for some more budget-friendly alternatives for the moment. but who knows? if nothing cute turns up, or if a bag of money falls out of the sky and happens to land by my feet, i just might splurge. but first, must save!
lusting for talene reilly:
Untitled-2 Untitled-1
im a sucker for houndstooth. but which one? help! ($400 eeeek!)
a steal at target:

B000GWE7N8
but kind of a snoozer. ($40)

againnyc.com has some laptop bags made from vintage fabrics:

LA-005-2
($200)

acmemade.com makes a line of "designer slim" cases. they're not entirely bad:

lg-pluralfossil
($150)

12 Comments:

Blogger indigomast said...

god do i ever know what you mean about colds! i can barely breath right now im so stuffed up.

ps- i love the designer slim case, so cute!

5:43 PM  
Blogger What's Haute said...

hey wendy!

i've got some cool laptop bags for you. i'll post them sometime this week.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Gort said...

love the last one

6:02 PM  
Blogger Model Citzen said...

I really like the last one too... It's funky. Thanks for the shout out!

Addicted to your posts miss wendy : )

10:29 PM  
Blogger Model Citzen said...

email me your email address

10:42 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

hey,cool blog!
-emma

12:43 AM  
Blogger Tru said...

I liek the target one adn the vintage one.....thanks for this post b/c I will soon be buying a laptop and thus need a laptop bag

3:41 PM  
Blogger Flashy_Shades said...

i too pine for a grown up cool laptop bag. but having already dropped small fortunes on other bags, i went a different route. i got this case that's made of scuba gear material and then just put my laptop in whatever bag i happen to be wearing that day.

http://www.builtny.com/index.php?pageID=1563

4:47 PM  
Blogger ENID P. said...

I got one for target in red. Its cute..for $20 a deal ofcourse.
I like the last one the best..

ENID P.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone know what happened to talene reilly? splurged on one of their bags ~ 5-6 years ago, finally showing some wear, tried their website, and no longer there!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi wendy

i think i have the laptop that you wanted. if your still interested let me know. the talene reilly laptop

9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi wendy

i think i have the laptop that you wanted. if your still interested let me know. the talene reilly laptop

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home