1.02.2007

new years recap

new years was a success! no one passed out at The Park, no one puked all over the floor, no one lost anything important... and everyone made it through the countdown! *whew! its always so stressful to be the one who planned this stuff... i basically couldnt relax until we finally got our butts down at our table and the drinks were in our hands.

i probably stressed out the most trying to find my new years dress. i had originally ordered it online because it was on super duper sale, but then after a week of not receiving a confirmation email, i realized that it was already sold out in my size. :( but then i had a streak of good luck during which i found out that the label my dress was from was having a sample sale and they had the dress... but only one! bright and early the next morning, i was able to go pick it up! then i had to get it altered a little bit to fit properly, and that basically took a week and my dress wasnt done until the night before new years eve. cutting it close...!

here is a shot of my dress, from united bamboo:




2layerVneckDress_F_champagne_zoom
i loved the unique draping on this dress. and the pretty layers of fabric!

instead of doing gold jewelry, i went for silver. i didnt want to look toooo gold. i bought these fan earrings by rebecca lau, at a cute boutique called eva, over on mulberry street. i thought they were really cool... although one of my guy friends had made fun of it when i first showed him, saying that it looked like something out of the fifth element. whatever that means! they dont have an image of it on the website anymore, but a couple of similar looks in the series are these:


C013_mid C050
i chose one without all the dangly stuff, but was just one huge earring made up of a series of bent pieces of silver.

this was my outfit!:

nye

p.s. are there any blythe fans out there? i absolutely love her. especially the gina garan photos of her.. sooo beautiful! im so obsessed with blythe that i decided that i would love to own a doll that wore my clothes. basically, i want to turn myself into a blythe doll! and so i photoshopped blythe wearing my new years outfit. im strange... i know...

fendi gucciphoto marni
(blythe in: fendi, gucci, and marni)
blythe3
(blythe in united bamboo!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Carissa Duhamel said...

That dress is beautiful, I love it! You're lucky that you can pull off yellow, I can't. I'm sure you were best dressed and I'm glad you had a fab New Year's!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Lady Apple said...

omg, i am so jealous...i have always wanted to be in NYC for New Year's and I just realized that you got to do that!!! how cool!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Great dress!

11:11 PM  
Blogger alluretone said...

that dress is fabulous!

thoes blythe dolls kind of remind me of lily cole. esp the 3rd one. the 1st one looks a bit angry, but nicejob on photoshopping the doll :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

you're outfit looks really great.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Kine said...

Fantastic, stunning dress! :-O

5:30 AM  
Blogger Marie-Kristine said...

i adore that dress and i adore yelloW!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home