12.06.2006

help needed: cords

its getting colder and colder and harder and harder to dress for the winter without looking like im wearing a fat-suit, too many layers!! you ever wear so many layers that your hands go numb because theres no blood circulating down your arm? that happens to me whenever i try to place my hand on my shoulder bag as im walking down the street. my hands eventually go numb and i have to let go.

or.. the other day, i had to go to the grocery store because i was all out of marshmallows and chocolate for homemade s'mores, and since its surely now even colder at night than during the day, i piled on my sweater, my jacket, opted for my fuzzy mukluks instead of the usual leg-lengthening high heel boots, wrapped my super long cable knit scarf twice around my neck, tucked my hair into my hat and i swear... i looked like the troll who snuck too many cookies out of the cookie jar while no one was looking... short, stumpy, and quite rotund.

now, someone pleeeease tell me if this is completely untrue... when i was a little kid, my mom used to make me wear corduroys in the winter, claiming that it'd keep me warmer than jeans. ever since then, i've always made sure i had several pairs of cords for the cold months. thank god, designers started to make cords somewhat fashionable.

recently, however, my skinny jeans, the only things i wear religiously, have failed to keep my poor legs warm. i've got cords in a nice slim bootcut/flare that i bought last year... but i almost cant imagine returning to that silhouette just yet.

enter j brand cords. i really want a pair. if only just to keep warm. so someone, pleeease, tell me... do cords really keep you warm?


AED16341

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that I think about, cords DO seem warmer...

4:32 PM  
Blogger What's Haute said...

no, they don't keep me warm. but some of them look cute and that's all that really matters, right?

10:01 PM  
Blogger Miss Tiffie said...

I think cords do, they're thicker. My skinny jeans are all so thin, I think I'm just gonna get thin thermal undies and hope I don't look bloated with them under my jeans. But my habituals are the warmest skinny jeans I own cuz they're the thickest denim.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Carissa Duhamel said...

Cords are more comfortable, atleast. I have a pair of lovely boot cut black cords that I'm planning on turning into skinnies. Perhaps do the same?

3:12 PM  
Blogger Flashy_Shades said...

i have been making my leggings do double duty and wearing them under my skinny jeans, but maybe i'm weird

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try bdg 5 pocket cords at urbanoutfitters.com.
i'm ordering some in grey...but the brown ones don't look half-bad either.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home