11.01.2007

the day after

my favorite holiday has come and gone, so sad :(
but what have i been up to?
excited and giddy about halloween, i had come up with 3 different costume ideas:

1) inspired by john galliano's spring 2008 look, i wanted to be a 20s-ish grey gardens-ish crazy old lady.



2) i've always wanted to be marie antoinette...except most of the costumes were really too sexy for me! but i did try out the big hairdo.



3) 2 nights before halloween, i get it in my head that the best costume ever would be to be bjork, when she wore that crazy swan dress at the oscars. so, the night before halloween, im surrounded by feather boas, socks, felt, and yards of tulle... sewing like a madwoman! i never did get that sewing machine...so i had to do everything by hand. i was prepared to have that costume fall apart as soon as i put it on due to my shoddy craftsmanship, but to my delight, it remained in tact all night halloween!



hope everyone had as much fun as i did! i seriously wish that halloween was a week long. i love dressing up and watching everyone else get all dressed up too.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the swan dress! It looked sooo good! For Halloween I took clothes out of my own closet to be a safari guide... I wore a Louis Vuitton tan over jacket from last years spring collection, some short cargo shorts that I thought I would never get to wear again, wool socks and last years chloe boots. Then I bought a cheap riding hat from a jockey store online. oh yeah, and some binoculars.

11:43 AM  
Blogger VT said...

What an awesome costume!!!-

7:45 PM  
Blogger Alana Joy said...

Hi! I was just leaving this comment to let you know that I have added your blog to my blogroll. I would really love it if you could check mine out and link back! I hope you like it! And keep up the good work!

http://www.couturecult.com

xo

8:10 PM  
Blogger george said...

Hi,
Your halloween costume turned out great! I was wondering what kind of digital camera are you using? It looks really stylish and was curious to know what it was.
Thanks!

4:08 PM  
Blogger chrstna said...

i was wondering where you could come up with the bjork dress. nicely made! i didn't dress up as anything, but i did play the part of a nice aunt to my nieces (rather than my usual mean self).....does that count? hope the party was fun =)

8:49 PM  
Blogger WendyB said...

Oh my God! I can't believe you created that yourself! That's awesome.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

The Swan Dress for Halloween is genius! It looks gorgeus.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable are you?!!! That is a great costume, Kudos for your creativity and skills!

htttp://www.heathermilke.com

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Your dress in fantastic!!
I would love to make one for a Christmas party - could you explain how you made it? (especially the skirt part - it's really one of the best swan dresses I've ever seen!!)

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home